Thursday, September 03, 2015

The Autism Experience: All Grown Up

I know, it's been years since I've blogged about my worries about my son, but guess what!

He's in his twenties, holding down a part-time job and able to live in his own apartment.

It's been about 2 weeks since he actually moved out and in that time, we've done a lot of shopping together and I put a lot of IKEA together for him. The best thing, though is that he's a member of a group that all live close together and walk to eateries or a community center together, so he's got friends RIGHT THERE!!!

He's still on the spectrum. I still worry about him. I'm his mom, after all. But there is hope out there. I don't know if I'll get my old life back. Not sure that I even want my old life--what is my old life, anyway?

What it does for my son is make him even more independent.

And that's what it does for me too.


No comments: