Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Royals Music 2014

I love music and I think if I have another hobby, it's music. I don't play an instrument and I sing a little. But I love music. I love listening to music. When it's got a beat I love dancing to it.  iTunes and other sources--well I can spend hours listening for songs that I think will fit into a playlist perfectly. Baseball music especially these days.

The Royals' exciting postseason in 2014 did more than just launch the team into national recognition, it awakened fan passion in Kansas City and all over the world. 
One of the local radio stations held a rally and recorded a song, a parody of "All About That Bass," called "All About That Blue."

Local musicians of all kinds added to the mix. "Royals Be Ready," a deep and danceable rap/hip-hop
song by B Double E:


My family and I loved this one by Dan and Sam Billens: "I'm Royally Happy!"


I would be remiss if I did not mention at least two parodies of Lorde's "Royals."
This one is by Matthew West:

And then there's this one by John Long:

 I thought it was hilarious that a San Francisco pop radio station would not play the original. But after the series ended, I know I can never listen to Journey's "Don't Stop Believing." And I'm not linking to it here.  Never. No way.

1 comment:

Annette said...

I love it Eri.. Great job.. and I will be watching for more posts. Thanks for sharing.