Monday, February 13, 2012

Depression

Time to admit it. I've been depressed. Seasonal Affect Disorder is a huge part of it. It used to start in November, but since I've been doing NaNoWriMo, that's changed. So it's baby steps back into writing daily. Baby steps are all I can take right now with the darkness that envelops my mind.
This is my image for depression: A depressed person sits at a table. On the table is a pretty little dish with one pill on it. The depressive knows that the pill is the cure, an instant cure. It will taste delicious and work immediately. But she cannot even make one finger move to bring the pill closer, and ultimately into her mouth.

2 comments:

bob said...

Someone else with SAD. This time of year is particularly difficult for me with all the cold and grayness. Last year I went to Mexico for a week in February and spent everyday on the beach. I can home and made it until spring with no problem. Try going to Mexico for a month or two.

bob said...

I came home. I guess I "can" home too, but I'll have to think about that one for awhile.

Happy Valentine's Day, Z.