Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Post NaNo Doldrums

Happy Hanukkah, a Blessed Yuletide and Merry Christmas to all reading this...

Help.

I finished my NaNo novel this year at a record (for me) 62,019 words (okay, NaNo's word counters shaved 3 words off, but still...) and I was pretty happy with it and anxious to work on it some more.

Truly, I was anxious to work on it some more. I did not think, "Once more a pile of dreck in 50,000 words!"
I thought, here's something I could work with.

I am doing anything but working on it.

For instance, right now I'm blogging.

Earlier today I was making a deposit, paying bills and running errands. Anything but writing.

So, if you are a writer and you have any suggestions about how to apply that darn chair glue and sit and write now that the month of November is over, please let me know.

No comments: