Monday, June 09, 2008

They're here!!!

The fireflies are here! The fireflies are here!!!
This evening we took a walk...more about that later and afterwards I looked out our window, wistfully, thinking, "what a lovely night it is, a good night to sit and watch fireflies."

I saw what I thought was a bit of a glow on the tip of a hosta leaf in my front yard. Could it be? Naaaaah...probably the reflection from a car.

But then it happened again.

I got closer to the leaf. It was! It was!!! I'm so happy!

Then there were a few more before the mosquitoes began biting.

The walk...well, it was because my spouse and I have been married 24 years today. The walk was sans child and just because we used to way back when...and now I'll remember the fireflies coming out on our anniversary.

Here's a link to the Wikipedia page on fireflies.

No comments: