Friday, February 16, 2007

Mr. Breakfast!

Mr. Breakfast, where have you been my whole life?
I only today, this morning, after my eggs, cheese, ham breakfast (no toast, I'm low carb!) came across this wonderful website:
Mr. Breakfast. It's got articles and recipes about my favorite meal of the day. His article about Breakfast on Death Row says:
Will the promotion of breakfast appreciation deter crime? It will take a great deal of further study to answer that question. But it is imperative that we ask the question, if only because of one surprising, perhaps ground-breaking, statistic that cannot be overlooked. Of the 281 death row inmates studied, not a single inmate requested pancakes, waffles or oatmeal.

The final meal of Odell Barnes, Jr. (executed March 1, 2000) was not included in this study because it failed to meet a standard definition of a meal. When asked what he wanted for his final meal, Barnes, Jr. requested Justice, Equality, and World Peace. Prison personnel were not able to fulfill that request. We can only hope that in a future with more breakfast, we will all be able to eat that meal, and murderous scum like Odell Barnes, Jr. will use their knives on pancakes instead of people.


I even eat breakfast when I wake up especially early to get to the gym before I go to work. I need a small cup of coffee and something solid in my stomach before I pump iron and traverse the miles on the elliptical machine. Sometimes it's a flax muffin. Sometimes an egg. Sometimes some avocado and bacon.

But always breakfast. I'm wondering how many librarians have a good breakfast before heading to work. Any librarians reading this care to answer?

No comments: