Saturday, June 24, 2006

To Keep My Blog Alive

I have lots to say, no time to write and questions about the appropriateness of material.
1) I'm job-searching.
2) It's not that I truly dislike my current job. I just want something full time & more professional.
3) I can't leave the area. For a full time job, I'd consider a commute, but even so, that's difficult with the kind of family responsibilities I have.
4) My biggest fear is that I will just get too comfy where I am and never let my mover-and-shaker-ness out. That I will feel a tendency not to rock-the-boat (don't tip the boat over, rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby) (how about a nice earworm?)
5) Another thing is that the big professional conference is underway and I'm reading blogs from it and I'm envious. Unless I were a presenter, my employer wouldn't send me and it's almost unthinkable for me just to say, hey I'm taking my vacation time at the conference.
6) Unless I push for it, I don't know how I can get time to do some of the moving-shaking things I want to do.

So, you see, there's a lot going on in my world. It's like a sweater that gets unraveled and someone keeps knitting and knitting...

No comments: