Saturday, October 29, 2005

Not for Johnson County Only: True Blue Women

TrueBlue Women is where you'll find information about a relatively new grassroots organization in the Kansas City area.

From their website:

The Mission of True Blue Women

True Blue gathers progressive women to advocate social change,
provide education and promote camaraderie.




I also liked their reading list.

I don't know why it took me so long to look at the website. Anyway, if you're reading this, you might also be interested in The MAINstream Coalition, also a local KC group that works to counter the political aspirations of the fanatic fringe which seems to have a chokehold on the area and the nation.

In any event--and I know I'm not the most skilled blogger--I plan on adding more links to Kansas Democratic and/or liberal and/or thoughtful & open-minded websites and stories as I go along here.

My original purpose in starting a blog was to practice writing little essays. And dang it all, here I am getting political!

Well, why not indeed?

No comments: